Saturday, September 29, 2012

Forbidden (Book of Mortals #1) By, Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee


Publishing House: Hachette
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Fleeing pursuit, with only moments to live, a young man named Rom stumbles into possession of a vial of blood and a piece of cryptic writing. When consumed, the blood will bring him back to life. When decoded, the message will lead him on a perilous journey that will require him to abandon everything he has ever known and awaken humanity to the transforming power of true life and love. But the blood will also resurrect hatred, ambition, and greed at terrible risk.

Reason:

Now before we start this review you should know that I am a little bias about this book (as well as it’s sequel that will be the review for next week). I am bias because of the fact that Ted Dekker is one of the authors.

Anyway, I rated this book the way I did for one reason, violence.

The book is set in the future where we have reverted back to using swards and things like it. The story is about Rom Sebastian and several of his friends as they try to find a boy who is not supposed to exist. Long the way there is a lot of fighting and death.

The book is a good story and one that I really enjoyed (even though parts made me angry but I get evolved in books more so than other people), but as always it is all up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment