Monday, October 22, 2012

Mortal (Book of Mortals #2) by Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee


Mortal
By, Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee

Publishing House: Hachette
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Centuries have passed since civilization's brush with apocalypse. The world's greatest threats have all been silenced. There is no anger, no hatred, no war. There is only perfect peace...and fear. A terrible secret was closely guarded for centuries: every single soul walking the earth, though in appearance totally normal, is actually dead, long ago genetically stripped of true humanity.

Nine years have gone by since an unlikely hero named Rom Sebastian first discovered a secret and consumed an ancient potion of blood to bring himself back to life in Forbidden. Surviving against impossible odds, Rom has gathered a secret faction of followers who have also taken the blood-the first Mortals in a world that is dead.

But The Order has raised an elite army to hunt and crush the living. Division and betrayal threaten to destroy the Mortals from within. The final surviving hope for humanity teeters on the brink of annihilation and no one knows the path to survival.

Reasons:
So like I said last time I am bias about this book because of the fact that Ted Dekker is one of the authors and he is (one of) my favorite author.

Anyway, I rated this book the way I did for simple reasons reason, violence and gore.

If you want a run down on basically what the story is about go look at my last post about the book before it.

Anyway this book as a lot of gore to it, there is a lot of fighting and death as well as blood. Lots and lots of blood. It is all fairly descriptive but nothing that an older audience couldn’t handle.

The book was very good and sucked me into it in so many ways so much so that I found myself yelling at it in public. At one point I threw the book at the wall and then went and got it two seconds later because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. One of my favorites by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment