Saturday, January 12, 2013

Matched (Matched #1) by, Ally Condie


Publishing House: Dutton Juvenile
Genre: Dystopia, Young Adult
Rating: PG
Summary: Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

Reasons:
I would give a brief summary of the book but I have decided that I would not bother with it because the Summary pretty much sums up what I would tell you. So on to the rating:

I rated this story PG because to the best of my knowledge there are little to no cuss words and while Cassia does defy the rules that is kind of the point. Beyond that there really isn’t anything to worry about.

This is the first book in the Matched series. I read this book when it first came out and again when the second was released. I really did enjoy this book but as always it is up to you to decide if you want to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment