Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver


Publishing House: HarperCollins
Genre: Romantic/Drama/Thriller
Rating: PG-13
Summary: I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and ?ame.
Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

Reason:

This book is very similar to the first in terms of reasons for why it is rated. I did love this book more than I can say. It made me want to know what was going to happen and practically lived for the next page. Which is so much like what the first book did for me as well.

This book gets it rating because there is some cussing but like Delirium it is not a lot at all.

Throughout the book Lena is trying to a just to her new life in the ‘wilds’. This includes her getting used to the people around her not being ashamed of their nudity. (she sometimes will walk in on guys changing or someone bathing in the river.)

This book also has a lot of violence but that comes with the territory of the theme and genre.

All in all this book is very good. So now it is up to you to choose to read it. But I would recommend reading Delirium first.

No comments:

Post a Comment